Thursday 10 March 2011

Oh Google Maps! Why don't you love me anymore?!

To be honest I know full well why Google Maps has stopped loving me. Whilst trying to find the travelling distance between one fixed postcode and 1500 others (programatically of course!), Google Maps blocked me after the 338th request within a 6 minute period! Thankfully today the block has reset. Obviously I need to add a delay between requests. Google's FAQ says 2,500 requests per day can be made but if you make too many requests in a certain period they block you. How many in what period is not mentioned! Grrrrr!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure i've been blocked for a similar reason (a few hundered requestes in about 5 minutes). Any ideas on how to get unblocked? Our office ip has been blocked for several weeks.

Unknown said...

We were unblocked within a few hours. Have you tried going to maps.google.com in your browser? I got capatcha thingy to complete before it would allow me onto the website again.